Let’s be honest, we have all had that experience of getting into our cars and thinking, ugh, it smells in here.What to do about bad odours from car can be tricky sometimes – perhaps mostly because bad car smells seem to just STAY forever.
The best place to start tackling foul smells in your car is to roll up your sleeves and get down to a good general cleaning that can cover all of the logical bases of the cause of the bad smells.
When bad car odours are the consequences of unfortunate mishaps, the rule of thumb is to clean things up ASAP. Whether the smell-causing incident came from the various uncontrollable bodily functions of a pet or child, or from an uncooperative juice container or milk bottle etc., some of the best practices include:
● Wipe up as much as you can with paper towels, tissues or cloth.
● Clean the area with water and a cloth/towel, making sure that pieces or stuff has been removed.
● If the surface is fabric, a mild detergent mixed with warm water can be used to clean the area with a sponge. A carpet cleaner or upholstery cleaner can also be used after checking on a smaller patch of the fabric to ensure it doesn’t damage the fabric.
● The area can then be covered with a generous amount baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) and left to dry. Once dry (this can take several hours and the baking soda will clump up by absorbing the moisture), vacuum it off.
Now, there are a few things that cause bad odours in your car that are very difficult to conquer:
Cigarette smoke smell, bacteria buildup smell, mould and mildew smell.
Cigarette smoke permeates and takes root in every single crevice in your car and is impossible to get rid of completely (unless you stop smoking completely). Whether you like it or not, by virtue of having people and pets in your car, bacteria happens – it’s brought in all the time. Mould loves places like your aircon and will happily nest in there forever.
The No.1 popular solution for these nasty problems is – DEODORIZE.
And yes, this is always an option. But please note 3 very important facts:
1) Chemicals used in fragrances, deodorizers, air fresheners, purifiers, aerosol disinfectants are carcinogenic and are linked to the development of serious diseases in humans, including hormone disorders and cancers.
2) Fragrances, air fresheners, purifiers etc, do not address the source of the bad odours at all and only serve to mask the existing bad smells. Which, in the end only leads to a more complex mixture of odours, an is often even grosser.
3) The fact is that in order to truly eradicate bad odours, the odours must be oxidized and destroyed at molecular level. The odour must actually be sterilized out of existence.
Medklinn’s Autoplus is the easiest and most effective way to get rid of bad car smells because it can oxidize and eliminate even the nastiest smells from not only the air in but also from all of the surfaces in your car. Medklinn’s Autoplus is not an air purifier or filter, nor does it produce fragrance or in fact use any kind of chemical whatsoever. Its patented Cerafusion Technology creates Active Oxygen, a powerful yet entirely natural element that is produced within nature itself to protect the earth form various natural and manmade pollutants, including bad odours. With Autoplus, not only will you eliminate bad smells from your car, but bacteria, viruses, moulds, allergens, toxic fumes from traffic, Volatile Organic Compounds are also eradicated from the air and surfaces, keeping your car truly fresh, clean and healthy at all times.
German CineCoV study shows Medklinn’s Cerafusion™ Technology reduces 99.97% of the viral load in cinema halls
August 18, 2022